How To Have An Eco-Friendly Beach Vacation
For me, one of the my favorite places to go is the beach. Any beach. I also like to being Green, of course. Well, can I enjoy the beach while being eco friendly? You bet you can! There are just a few little things you can do or keep in mind to make your beach vacation more eco friendly.
- If you have kids and they want to play in the sand, look into eco friendly toys for the beach. An example is Green Toys Recycled Sand Play Set. It is made from 100% recycled milk jugs and is completely phthalate and BPA free.
- If you use one of the outside showers, don't use any kind of soap or
shampoo; leave that for your condo or house. The outside water drain is
probably going back into the ocean. Even ‘biodegradable’ soap suds will
still harm fish or invertebrates in the delicate eco system.
- If you see a sign that reads "Keep Off Dunes". Do as it says. Dune habitats provide niches for highly specialized plants and animals, including numerous rare and endangered species. Some countries, notably the U.S., New Zealand, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and the Netherlands have developed extensive programs of dune protection. In the UK, a Biodiversity Action Plan has been developed to assess dunes loss and prevent future dunes destruction.
- Look for eco friendly swimwear. An example are those at FaeriesDream.com. Their suits are made from recycled plastic bottles, organic cotton and bamboo.
- You should have flip-flops to walk comfortably on the hot sand. Zappos sells many types of eco flip-flops and sandals. The outsoles are made of recycled car tire and natural rubber with jute.
- Don't forget the sunscreen! AlternativeConsumer.com has picked Soléo Organics All Natural Sunscreen as their #1 pick for sunscreen. It is also a top pick for Bubble and Bee.
- Find your next eco-friendly vacation here.
It should go without saying that you pick up everything that you have brought to the beach. If it is trash dispose of it in the proper container. You should also pick up any other trash in your immediate area. Keep our oceans clean wand have a fantastic time at the beach. You can join my Clean Oceans twibe here.